don't swot up, be creative!
How To Get A Good Grade On Your Opinion Essay: Professional Writing Hints
An opinion essay does exactly what it sounds like it does. It expresses your opinion about a topic. You can use the regular five paragraph format for this paper. To ensure that you get a good grade on this assignment, there are a few professional writing hints that you can follow.
- The opinion part of this essay focuses on proving a point. It will be the thesis statement and what you will work to prove in your paper. It is important to make sure that your essay works to prove this point.
- When it comes to choosing a topic to write your paper on, it is so important to make sure that you choose a topic that you have a strong opinion on. If you write about a mediocre topic, your paper will be mediocre. If you write about an exciting topic, your paper will be exciting.
- The introduction section is the first paragraph in your paper. You may want to write it after you have developed your thesis and written the body of the paper. The main reason why is because you will have to include any information that may be needed to help understand the topic that you are writing about. It should be the background information that you need to know to understand the rest of the paper.
- The last sentence of your introductions can be your thesis. It makes a great transition from the introduction to the first body paragraph.
- The body section will consist of three different paragraphs. Each of the three paragraphs will explain a reason to support the claim that you made in the first paragraph. It will prove your thesis statement. Keep in mind the entire time that the only purpose of these paragraphs is to prove the thesis statement and that will be your entire focus.
- You will need to add transitions that branch one topic to the next. You can use the first reason, the second reason, and the third reason but if you want to write a great essay, you may have to branch the specific reasons to each other.
- The conclusion will reiterate all of the important ideas in your paper. You will be restating your main points because this is your last chance to get the point across to your audience.
© OdorIndependenceDay.com | Learn how to be original in your academic writing.